Powered By Blogger

Monday, June 3, 2019

Summer movie hits and misses

    With Summer upon us, there are movies that can be good, and well....at least they tried. For me, I'll give you a few Summer blockbusters that I want to talk about. First being...

Image result for Aladdin 2019 gifAladdin:

   A lot of people, like me, had mixed feelings about this one. I'm not saying it sucked, it's just, the classic was the best. Having Robin Williams voice a blue genie, now being replaced with Will Smith. I don't think this is a movie I would approve, but a lot of people do like it. Will Smith is doing a pretty good job, but it doesn't feel like the Aladdin Disney cartoon. I will always think of Robin Williams as the true Genie. Would I see it? No, If you wanna see it, go ahead.


Image result for godzilla 2019 Godzilla King of the Monsters:
   Oh geeze, another one? I still remember the 1998 Bomb that I saw with Matthew Broderick. I don't think it's that bad, but I don't feel we need that many Godzilla movies. This one seems pretty lame, and it doesn't get me scared, or puts me at the edge of my seat. They have good actors, but the plot and having Godzilla come back, it just...well I don't feel comfortable seeing this.

Image result for Rocketman movie gifRocketman:

  This movie is about Elton John's life. How he became a rock star. The guy portraying Elton John is very good. He's great as singing as well. It's like Bohemian Rhapsody with Freddie Mercury's life. But with this one, I feel I want to see it. I was always big on Elton John songs, and it is pretty good. I love Historical Fiction, or biography stories turned into movies. They've done the same with Selena and her tragic death, Libarache, and even more singers that had biographies told about them. Even Jamie Foxx portrayed Ray Charles. This one, I will see.


Image result for Men in Black international gif

  Men in Black-International:

          First there was the original, then the sequel, then the third. NOW THIS! First off, Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones aren't in it. They replaced them with a man and a woman. Isn't this supposed to be called....MEN IN BLACK??? I have a feeling they're going to ruin this franchise, not because of the gender difference, but because they should have stopped after the second. The third was ok, but not great, this looks like a train wreck. I have a feeling it's a no for me.



 Image result for secret life of pets 2 The Secret life of pets 2:
         I've seen the first. It was fine. Harmless, cute, whatever. It seems this one is going to be like the first, but with changes. First off, there will be a new child or baby in the home where the lead dogs live. The voice acting will be different too. After the Louis C.K. scandal, he was fired and Patton Oswalt will be replacing him. (SMART) The story looks harmless and funny, but I don't know if I'll see it in theaters, but maybe in the future.


Image result for late night movie Late Night:
It's supposed to be a comedy involving Emma Thompson and Mindy Kaling. It's like another version of the Devil wears Prada, but it seems Emma Thompson is the "Meryl Streep' and Mindy is the 'Anne Hathaway' kind of of feels of a copy and paste of a movie. Maybe I'll see it when it's no longer in theaters. It is interesting and I do like the two actors.


Image result for Child's play 2019 Child's Play:
  Remember back in the eighties they had a horror story of a demon doll that came to life by a murderer that pocesed his soul into a doll? Well they're doing it again. This is darker and they use more technology in this movie. I was ok with the original, but everything is changed. The voice acting of the creepy doll (MARK HAMILL) to the young boy being a young tween. I think I'll skip this one. By the way, the original might be better, but having Mark Hamill voice the doll, it's a plus.

 Image result for shaft 2019 Shaft 2019: Have you seen the original Shaft? Well this one is I'm guessing the grandson of the original shaft, I'm not sure. The original Shaft is in this movie, but I don't think for a long time. This Shaft movie has Samuel L Jackson, which is pretty good, and if they have the original theme song sung by the late Isaac Hayes, that would be a plus. The original shaft was good enough, but this is more like a grandson version of Shaft. So, maybe but not in theaters.

The before I talk about the last ones, here are some other movies that are coming in the summer, some good, some horrible:


  * The Lion King- just like Aladdin, plus side, James Earl Jones

  * Yesterday- A story about a boy following a dream through Beatles music (won't be a big hit)

  * Ma- a psychotic woman killing young kids, never go near Octavia Spence again

  * Angry Birds 2- WHY??? Just, just why??? We don't need another

 * Dora and the Lost city of gold- THIS IS A DORA THE EXPLORER MOVIE!!!! I hate this already! She's a teenager in this, not a little kid??? WTH!!!


And one of the movies that I have desire to see, maybe in theaters, maybe not....

Image result for toy story 4 gifToy Story 4:

   This is the LAST toy story movie they will be making. Woody finally meets an old friend (Bo Peep) after he and a new toy that his new owner created go missing. I can tell who the villain in this movie is and believe me, this does look entertaining. Sad that Don Rickles died before this movie came out, but this does look promising, and funny. New characters, new story and a new adventure for Woody, Buzz and all their friends.



Summer movies, some look good, and some look terrible. You be the judge


No comments:

Post a Comment