Powered By Blogger

Saturday, October 22, 2016

What is a D.U.F.F

  A DUFF can mean anything....


   It can mean Designated Ugly Fat Friend
Dynamic Unique Fabulous Friend

  Or it can be anything else.   In the movie the DUFF it shows one girl knowing her role from a guy who she sees as an enemy and a neighbor; but soon sees him more than just a friend to go for advice.
Image result for d.u.f.f meaning

  It was based on a book written by Kody Kiplinger.  Based on the same premise. The girl named Bianca, feels inferior when she is judged because of her two friends are hotter than she is. So she gets help from her friend; Wesley, who is a football captain of the school and one of the hottest girls named Maggie, decides to make Bianca's life a living hell when she is going on a date with Wesley.

   But Bianca wants to get another guys attention. However; it doesn't work out because he wants to ask one of her hot friends out instead. It soon seems Bianca loves Wesley more. It seems he is crowned; with Maggie as homecoming queen, homecoming king, but he follows his heart instead.

Image result for d.u.f.f meaning

It got me thinking, is DUFF just a word or more a meaning.

   I never thought of myself as a DUFF at all. When I growing up, we didn't use that word much. I had friends, we had groups but we never judged each other. After my heart problem got worse, everyone felt sorry for me and wanted to be my friend.   I think of this movie at the new "Mean Girls"

   Not many villains in it, unless you count Maggie Piper, but it was only judged by one person and how she determined herself as being a DUFF, she looked around and saw other DUFFS.

   Sometimes we always put labels on ourselves to feel better, but does it make others feel worse? Well yes and no. It just makes us feel better when deep down, we might feel worse.

  I don't judge people ever. I'm a human being. I don't think of anyone as a DUFF (unless they are a Dynamic Unique Fabulous Friend) If I want to think of a Duff, I'll think of the Beer Homer drinks on the Simpsons.

   Everyone is beautiful. Never Judge, be kind. Till then, Love Ciao Bloggers!

No comments:

Post a Comment