Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, August 4, 2026

What happened to the kids in Kindergarten Cop?

 









    I was recently watching Kindergarten Cop. When it came out, I was the same age as those kids were. I would have been one of those kids, but my autism wasn't the only thing stopping me from acting. I never wanted to be a child actor when I was little. Maybe when I was a teen but, now....I'm happy where I am.

    It got me thinking...those kids must be my age. Some 41 or 42...maybe 43. Where are they now?











   The first I want to start with is some twin actors (before Cole and Dylan Sprouce were born) Christian and Joseph Cousins took turns playing Dominic, the young boy Arnold Schwartzanager looks after when he falls for his mother who is a fourth-grade teacher.

    Both actors were in a movie called 'Twin Sitters' as well as a few others. They both stopped acting when they went into high school. Now Joseph and Christian are taking normal jobs and semi-acting. They like to talk about their acting past.









   Another child actor who I've only seen in this movie is Justin Page. He portrayed Zach Sullivan, a young boy who is being abused by his father.

   Thinking he was the kid that Arnold's character was looking for, he soon learns that he was being abused. He decides to take matters into his own hand by hitting the father in front of the kids. 

  

    What happened to Justin Page? He left acting and went into the military. He's still alive but left acting for good.












   Miko Hughes was huge in the early 90's. He plays a young kid in Arnold's class. He was the one that quoted, "boys have a penis, girls have a vagina." I feel he can't leave that line ever. He went into acting for other movies and TV shows.

    He stopped acting for a while to focus on school. He looks really good now compared to how cute he was when was little. I saw him recently on "99 to beat" which is a game show. He didn't win but, wanted the money to support his family. He dedicated the show to his late brother.












  Sarah Ross Karr was one of the kids named Emma. I knew her more as the girl in "Beethoven" movie involving a dog. She was my age, I think...maybe older. 

   She was the quiet girl in the movie. Needing help with getting her snaps off. Dancing with Arnold and other stuff. Where is she now?

    She left acting after the sequel of Beethoven 2nd. I don't know what happened to her. I guess she wanted to have a normal life.



 










  Odette Annabel was one of the kids that explained what her father did. I didn't remember her character much in the movie. What I did find out was...

  ....After Kindergarten Cop ended, she went into acting. Staring in Cloverfield. She was well known for that role than Kindergarten Cop. I think she ended up in Hallmark movies like Lacey Chabert. 











  Another pair of twins starred in the movie. Their names are Krystal and Tiffany Mataras. They starred as twin girls who said, "our mom thinks our dad is a sex machine."  Went over my head when I was little. Until I got older.

   Where are they now? Still acting. They've been in other movies like Camp Nowhere, Problem Child 2 and even the Kindergarten Cop sequel. Yes, they made another.










   There was a cameo in this movie that I didn't know till years later. The kissing boy was Ivan Reitman's son Jason. Ivan directed the film and placed his teenage son in the movie.

  Now, Jason is carrying on his late father's journey. He too is now a director. He directed a few movies like Juno, Saturday Night, Up in the Air and Young Adult.









 30 years later, after the movie, COVID happened. They were going to do a reunion special, but they did through Zoom.

   Most of the kid actors were there. One of the Cousins brothers were in it as well as Miko, Adam Wylie, the twin girls and many more. Arnold showed up as well surprising them all.










   All these kid actors are now adults. Even me. And I'm writing about them because you never know what happens to child actors. Some go on to acting and some leave it. For these kids, it depended on how they felt when it came to acting.

   36 years later, and this movie is still worth watching. I wouldn't see the sequel.

No comments:

Post a Comment