Bratz were considered a line of dolls just like Barbie. They were considered creepy looking dolls that had a passion for fashion and....I never got into them.
They made a few cartoon movies around the mid 2000's, but some idiot decided to make a live action movie of the dolls.
The four main characters of the Bratz dolls are Yasmin, Cloe, Sasha and Jade. There might have been other characters, but those were the four, and in this...travesty of a film, they go to a high school where it is run by the daughter of a principal (portrayed by Jon Voight)
She forces the four to split into certain groups where they belong. What kind of world are we living in?
When they were going to make a live action movie of Barbie, I had my doubts that it would work. I was wrong. It was actually better than I thought.
I feared it was gonna be like another Bratz live movie where Barbie is a teenager. It was different. This Bratz movie...why? Why make this?
They have made other Bratz movies which, thankfully, were all cartoons of the four girls. They go on strange and wild adventures and aren't stuck to boring suburbia.
I don't watch any of these films, but they are all cartoon based. The one I unfortunately saw was the live action movie, which I still see in my nightmares.
Apparently, I guess Hollywood hasn't learned their lesson since they are making another live action Bratz movie with Kim Kardashian being a villaian. Oh lord...let's hope it's not as bad as the one before. Who asked for these?
I dread for the future of Hollywood movies.
In the 2007 movie, the four girls are split. One becomes a cheerleader, another goes int science clubs, another becomes a soccer star and Yasmin....is all alone as every one of her friends abandons her. Meridith, the main villain, is supposedly in charge of the school.
She wants people to stay where they belong. She even throws a second sweet sixteen so she can be seen on MTV.
She makes the four Bratz girls her slaves/workers when she hosts her sweet sixteen. The only reason they did this, to help Cloe's single mother who volunteered to help out Meredith's family.
They are dressed as clowns, get a makeover and show off their style. Just seeing this movie is hard enough without losing brain cells.
The supposed climax is bad as well. The girls finally get back together and there's a talent show where Meredith finds a way to rig it so she would win.
The Bratz want to enter, but Yasmin chickens out because Meredith forces her to or else she would expose her friends to the whole school.
Eventually....Yasmin decides to join her friends and do a song number explaining to Meredith that they were not going to take her bullying anymore.
This movie was a mistake. First off, I never played with a Bratz doll at all. I stopped playing with dolls years ago.
Yes, I was into Barbie....but I have done things to those dolls that no therapist can fix. I don't want to relive my childhood. I cut their hair, even when they had a long hair Barbie doll.
This movie had a low score on rotten tomatoes. Whoever wrote this...I hope has died, or whoever greenlit this movie.... go to jail.
Even Robot Chicken mocked the Bratz dolls being another Barbie wannabe. I'd rather watch that over the live action Bratz movie. This movie was worthless...not worth seeing, and would be only shown as a sign of torture the same way Rebecca Black's 'Friday' song would be considered torture as well.
If you are into Bratz, this is one movie no Bratz fan would ever wanna see. Again....they have still been around for newer generations. Like Barbie, Bratz are considered their own doll. Doll ok Live Action Movie.... HELLL NO!

No comments:
Post a Comment