Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, June 19, 2024

Explosion of Garfield

 









  June 19th brings out a lot of celebrations. One being Juneteenth and the other a birthday of a cartoon cat who is now 46 years old. Garfield the cat. This orange furball has been delighting comic strips for the past forty-six years. He is six years older than I am, no joke, and he still makes us laugh.








   Recently there has been a new Garfield movie and Garfield was voiced by Chris Pratt. Sadly, this movie did not live up to its full expectations. Will I see it? No? Already seeing a live action movie and that not doing well as well.... maybe it was best to keep Garfield a cartoon and not a live action/computer generated movie.











 

    Throughout every Garfield live action to cartoon to what it is today, there were different voice actors for each one. For the old cartoon show 'Garfield and Friends', the late Lorenzo Music (or Muzic... I forgot how you pronounced his name) and he did a wonderful job. When he passed away, Bill Murray was given the chance to voice Garfield in the live action movies. He....regretted it ever since.

    Scooby Doo voice actor Frank Welker voices the other Garfield cartoon that went CGI or something. He's great, but I didn't care for the cartoon. Now....we have Chris Pratt.











   

  Nothing against Pratt or the others, but I guess I loved Lorenzo Muzic more. Every time I read a comic; I always hear his voice. I also grew loving 'Garfield and Friends' more. I'll give the other cartoon show a chance, but I loved 'Garfield and Friends'. I miss the original voice actor, and the others are ok, but I'll always hear his voice no matter what.










  46 years of this furball. If Garfield was a real cat, he'd be dead. But, Jim Davis, the creator and love of cats says that he enjoys how generations young and old can enjoy a cat who hates Mondays, sleeps all day and eats pasta is still considered one amazing cat.






    Today, people admire Garfield from his comics to his cartoons and movies that were made about him. I know the new movie wasn't a gem like his cartoon movies were. Having some that involved Halloween, Christmas and other stuff. Even live action, CGI, no matter who voices him.... this cat cannot be stopped, even reaching the age of 46











   Garfield is even in print from his comic to short stories and much more. I have a few of the comics and some of the short stories. Now....he's everywhere. Unless you're talking about the actor Andrew Garfield or President Garfield, most of the time when you Google the word Garfield, the cat would pop up as number one.











 46 and going strong. Jim Davis (with the help of his friends) is still making Garfield funny and memorable. I've loved the comic since I was little and still do today. Happy 46th birthday Garfield. A fictional cat who is real in my heart and everyone else. On the plus side, he's the only cat I'm not allergic to.

No comments:

Post a Comment