Powered By Blogger

Monday, November 14, 2016

Grilled cheese anyone?

     I've cooked, and made, many grilled cheese sandwiches in my days.

   When I was little craved them as I would a slice of cheese pizza. But now that the years have gone by... so have the pallets of the grilled cheese consumer, and I wasn't the fan of the Kraft Singles slices that people can burn with a simple blow torch.

Image result for grilled cheese sandwiches dinner  It's true, I've seen YouTube videos of people burning a slice of Kraft Singles and seeing that won't burn. It just amazes me to know Kraft was keeping that a secret from us for a long time.

   And the cheeses people use are a verity of sorts like mozzarella to get stringiness quality or Munster with a mix of Cheddar and Monterey Jack.

  They are even adding pizza sauce in some of the grilled cheese sandwiches and calling it names like 'Pepperoni pizza sandwich' 'White pizza sandwich' and so on and so forth.
Image result for cheeses for grilled cheese sandwiches  Some restaurants make nothing but grilled cheese sandwiches no stop 24/7. There's a place in Columbus called grilled that makes nothing but grilled cheese sandwiches and they also have a challenge, for true grilled cheese lovers, that would make your arteries clog up. I doubt I would try that challenge.

   And the bread is as important as the cheese. For me, I guess just a honey wheat loaf of bread would do, but as I said before, pallets are changing and people want verity and there are even gluten free options for grilled cheese lovers, even to the point of using NO BREAD.

   An interesting thing is the cheese between the bread and what is between it and it's not just cheese.

Macaroni, Ham, Tomatoes, it's amazing we can still call it a grilled cheese.
To me my favorite is Cheddar with a touch of Asiago in the mix. That's my grilled cheese sandwich.
 Ciao for now bloggers and pig out on your sandwich.
Image result for cheeses for grilled cheese sandwiches




No comments:

Post a Comment